Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gingerclaire
Helper III
Helper III

Microsoft Forms - new error message preventing refresh

Yesterday I set up a workaround to load a long running MS form into Power BI (as exporting a spreadsheet each month is really annoying!)

I used this video by @Bielite  https://bielite.com/blog/microsoft-forms-data-power-bi/  And it worked perfectly....BUT this morning when I hit refresh I got this error message:

"The WWW-Authenticate header doesn't contain a valid authorization URI. Header value: 'Bearer'."

and it wont let me authenticate with my credentials.

If I copy and paste the URL it is using into my browser, it simply downloads the excel file so the URL is correct.

Any help gratefully received (as I am a relative beginner compared to most!)

tia 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
JJAE
Regular Visitor

Hi!
I have the same problem.

Has anyone solved it?

JJAE
Regular Visitor

I have similar problem

gingerclaire
Helper III
Helper III

Instead of risking this connection breaking again, I used PowerAutomate to pull the form results into an Excel on onedrive.

This had the added bonus of allowing me to fix some small errors in previous entries (which was proving complicated in Transform due to the fact that they weren't simple find and replace).

Hopefully this will remain a more sturdy option!

C

ggcarmo
Frequent Visitor

Guys, Follow procedure sent by microsoft support

1. Add the Microsoft form to the "Form Group Name" form group.
This can be done by opening the forms homepage, scrolling to the bottom and clicking "All My Forms". On the next page, click on the ellipsis and choose "Move". (We'll try to copy the form and responses first, and then we'll see how it looks.)

2. After the form is moved, open the form again in the "All My Forms" page, and then open the answers in Excel, go to the menu File -> Info-> Copy Path.

3. Change the source in PBIX to the new SharePoint web link

Kletzy
Advocate III
Advocate III

Any solutions to this? Having the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same problem, error " not establish a connection because this type of credential does not support this feature"

MarcoACto
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this issue. Very frustrating since we just implemented a new tool that relies on the forms API.

ChukaUdeh
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Impacting 2 reports in production. This is a major headache at the moment 😒😒

ggcarmo
Frequent Visitor

Good Morning.
I have similar problem yesterday.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors