Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Table- Column Header Custom Sorting and Sorting of Either Number or Percentage Column

Hello Members,

I need assistance in below mentioned requirements and my Data Source is SSAS:

Firstly, I need to list the column header based on particular custom sequence without having to show the numbers of sequencing. Attach is the screenshot for your reference. I do not want the sequencing 07, 08 in column header to appear but would want the column header to be in the particular order as shown below(Modern News Junkies, News Disillusioned etc).

Second, I need to be able to sort either by Number or Percentage Column as currently when i try sorting using any one, it doesn't seem to work.

Lastly, Is there anyway we can filter only Number or Percentage column, incase we just want to compare between Numbers or vice-versa? Basically hiding of one column.

sizi_0-1678598471999.png

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a new table which contains the sorting.

For example, by default, he sorts by number size, I want to customize a sequence, you can do it as follows.

vstephenmsft_0-1678781642492.png

Create a new table.

vstephenmsft_1-1678781713048.png

Sort text column by sort column.

6.png

Create a relationship and in general, it is one-to-many.

vstephenmsft_2-1678782129864.png

Replace the text column with the new table, and you will get the result of the custom sort.

vstephenmsft_3-1678782174690.png

Sort a Column with a Custom Order in Power BI - RADACAD

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephan,

I am using direct query and hence on power bi file everything is disabled. I need solution that can be implemnetd on SSAS side. However appreciate your help.

Let me know if there's anything that can be done on cube side which meets my requirement.

Also, I am talking about matrix visual in here which doesn't let you sort like the way it is in Table visual.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors