Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chstead
Regular Visitor

Is there a way to create a link that would open to the 'get data' menu in power bi with a url?

Hi, I have links to json formatted datasets that users might like to import with Power BI. Ideally, I would like to construct a link that would open these datasets in Power BI, with headers specified and other options set up without them having to do anything. Is this possible? I haven't been able to find any examples of something like that. 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chstead,

As far as I know, we can only import dataset to Power BI Service site via "Get Data" feature. It's not supported to customize a link in Power BI service to import the dataset currently.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Please ask your users to use Edit View in Power BI Service (Web), that will allow him/her to edit report or add/remove column of charts/matrix/table

editreportnew.png

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-go-from-reading-view-to-editing-vi...

To ensure he/she has that feature, you need to provide them Edit permission in Group Workspace

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-create-a-group-in-power-bi/

Choose option: Members can edit Power BI content

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors