Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

o365spo
Frequent Visitor

Is is possible to connect to and consume an AAD authenticated Azure Functions from Power Bi?

We've been trying to connect to AAD authenticated Azure function but we get this error.

Reading this might be a limitation of AAD?  Any chance MSFT is working on this?

"The WWW-Authenticate header doesn't contain a valid authorization URI. Header value: 'Bearer realm="XYZ.azurewebsites.net"

pbi azure function.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @o365spo,

I got this information: 

In order to consume such authentication, the website must implement something:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-mobile-how-to-configure-active-direct...

Please make sure you have implemented this section. If issue persists, please run the Fiddler with below option tabled then repeat steps to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop, save all sessions and share .saz file with us. You cam upload this file to your OneDrive or Dropbox and share link here. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.  Sorry, are you saying we must have a web layer and will not be able to consume the Azure Function (from an Azure Functions App) directly?  We are wondering the same thing about PowerApps and Flow.  Thanks.

Hi @o365spo,

I'm told by PG team that let you follow the document in my original post. 

For this issue, you can verify this section firstly. And you can capture .saz file as suggested in my original post, and share it with me, I will send this to PG and diagnose this issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @o365spo,

I have sent a email to confirm if there is any update of this issue. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors