Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-calis
Employee
Employee

Integration to PowerPoint via Publish to Web and Web Viewer Add-In

Hi,

Just want to share that we can integrate our Power BI Reports in Power Point via Publish to Web and Web Viewer Add-In.

Capture.PNG

It works better compared to Power BI Tiles Add-In.

with great data sources comes great insight
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buried in the small print...
https://store.office.com/addinsinstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104295828&correlationId=9145ebf3-...

This add-in works in: PowerPoint 2013 Service Pack 1 or later on Windows, PowerPoint 2016 or later on Mac, PowerPoint 2016 or later on Windows, PowerPoint on iPad, PowerPoint on the web.

If you don't have the above, try using Office Online.

I got this to work using Office Online. Sometimes I had to 'Open In Desktop App' to make changes that seem impossible in the Online version (whereupon the embedded Power BI app simply shows the 'Sign In' button which acheives nothing), but as soon as you return to the Online version, it works again.

Thinks this is caused by the 'Web Viewer' addin relying on Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Team have some bugs to cure in Edge;
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/blogs/microsoft-edge-webview-for-office-add-ins/

But as with most things with Microsoft, don't hold your breath.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-calis

I was able to get the web viewer Add-In and point to my power bi report, however, I'm experiencing an issue that I'm not really sure how to solve. After I enter my URL to the report and hit preview it shows that the page is rendered but it want's me to sign in. Clicking the sign in button doesn't do anything. 

Somehow yesterday I was able to get this to work. All I recall doing was using the URL from the IFrame embed code rather than the web embed url. Once I did this it started to render the report. However, today the report is showing the signin screen again. 

Now I don't mind that the report shows the signin by default, I assume it needs authentication for the current session. However, I can't figure out how to actually authenticate. I've tried logging out of Power BI in chrome and IE and then signing in again and then refreshing PowerPoint no luck. 

Did you experience anything like this previously? I know it's been a while but this is the only post I can find anywhere were the web viewer in powerpoint was even attempted. 

Thoughts? 

DAN
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks! good job

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors