Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fence0407
Regular Visitor

How to use Duration.Days with Nulls in Date Field

Using the following function returns nulls where the [Start_Date_c] field has nulls. How do I get it to return 0's instead of nulls?

= Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Tenure(d)", each Duration.Days(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())-Date.From([Start_Date__c])))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fence0407
Regular Visitor

I was able to solve the problem by first checking if the Start_Date_c column was null and if so, using Number.FromText to assign a 0 else finish the calculation of Duration.Days().

= Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Tenure(d)", each if [Start_Date__c]=null then Number.FromText("0") else Duration.Days(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())-Date.From([Start_Date__c])))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
fence0407
Regular Visitor

I was able to solve the problem by first checking if the Start_Date_c column was null and if so, using Number.FromText to assign a 0 else finish the calculation of Duration.Days().

= Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Tenure(d)", each if [Start_Date__c]=null then Number.FromText("0") else Duration.Days(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())-Date.From([Start_Date__c])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors