Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fwennber

How to Embed Power bi reports in SharePoint.

I have some question to embedd Power BI reports in SharePoint. Is there any secure solution of this because our customer would use reports within their intranet.

I have take a look at Power BI Embedded that have a cost attached to it. Can be a bit expensive for our customer.

There is a other way to use Power BI API REST where you are authenticated with a license/token in Azure Active Directory account. The customer already have AAD accounts so my question is then:

1. Can you use these ? Is it possible to use these clients to authenticate power BI reports in SharePoint?

2. Is it any cost attached to use the Power BI API?

3. But one question though is, if it's possible to register free AAD account and you should use these.

Then you can go around the cost using Power BI Embedded!? Is there any difference?? If not, why should I use the embedded  version when I can user Power BI REST API that is free!?

4. As a developer, to use the API/Framework you have to have call these (dll and stuff). How do you integrate this with your developer enviroment??    I mean the physical library files?!

I know that Microsoft are soon release a web part for sharepoint that I hope can help me.

I have also tried the web part from DevScope, Power BI Tiles for SharePoint but I'm not sure if this is ready for production!? Has anyone any experience of this?

BR

Fredrik

1 REPLY 1
KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

1. Can you use these ? Is it possible to use these clients to authenticate power BI reports in SharePoint?

2. Is it any cost attached to use the Power BI API?

3. But one question though is, if it's possible to register free AAD account and you should use these.

Then you can go around the cost using Power BI Embedded!? Is there any difference?? If not, why should I use the embedded  version when I can user Power BI REST API that is free!?

4. As a developer, to use the API/Framework you have to have call these (dll and stuff). How do you integrate this with your developer enviroment??    I mean the physical library files?!

1. People would have to login with their ADD account to access the report via REST API, and they would see the report created by or shared with them.

2. No but license(s)

3. You can't go around the cost using PBI Embeded. Regarding why, see the limitation in 1.

4.Not clear about what you ask.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors