Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adityareddy001

How can I connect to facebook, twitter, & instagram at power BI?

I have pages on twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. I need to make a report on my follower's engagement. how Can I get data from twitter, Facebook, and Instagram? Is there any free and easy way?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adityareddy001 

Power BI doesn't have built-in connectors for twitter/facebook/instagram. To easily get data from these services and view analysis insights created by some third-party users/organizations, you can try the Power BI Apps provided by them. Some Apps are free to use. You can search them in Power BI Service. However I don't find any Apps for instagram currently. 

vjingzhang_0-1677722623435.png

vjingzhang_1-1677722665025.png

If these Apps cannot meet your requirement and you want to connect to these services to create your own reports, you might use their APIs to get data. Every service has their own APIs for different purposes. You need to read their API documentations to learn about which APIs to use and how to use them. For example, 

GET followers/list | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform

How to Extract Data from Facebook using Graph API | by Cndro | Medium

Instagram APIs | Facebook for Developers

Using APIs sometimes requires that you have some developing knowledge. 

An alternative is that you can search to find some third-party connectors for these services developed for Power BI. They may make it easier to get data from the services. However third-party connectors are developed by third-party organizations/people so they are not always free. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adityareddy001 

Power BI doesn't have built-in connectors for twitter/facebook/instagram. To easily get data from these services and view analysis insights created by some third-party users/organizations, you can try the Power BI Apps provided by them. Some Apps are free to use. You can search them in Power BI Service. However I don't find any Apps for instagram currently. 

vjingzhang_0-1677722623435.png

vjingzhang_1-1677722665025.png

If these Apps cannot meet your requirement and you want to connect to these services to create your own reports, you might use their APIs to get data. Every service has their own APIs for different purposes. You need to read their API documentations to learn about which APIs to use and how to use them. For example, 

GET followers/list | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform

How to Extract Data from Facebook using Graph API | by Cndro | Medium

Instagram APIs | Facebook for Developers

Using APIs sometimes requires that you have some developing knowledge. 

An alternative is that you can search to find some third-party connectors for these services developed for Power BI. They may make it easier to get data from the services. However third-party connectors are developed by third-party organizations/people so they are not always free. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi @adityareddy001

You might want to try windsor.ai that can import your data from all three sources: twitter, facebook and instagram into one place. Then you will be able to connect PowerBI to the imported data.

windsor.ai sources.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors