Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MJALARI
Frequent Visitor

HOW TO CONNECT PRIMEVERA XER FILES TO POWER BI

I got a task to work with primevera xer files data, but i am unable to find any link how would we can connect to XER . Please suggest on this

5 REPLIES 5
PowerProject
Regular Visitor

There is a free template app available that connects primavera XER with PowerBi.

You can download from appsource within PowerBi or via:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/nl-NL/product/power-bi/qcompany1615911334463.ppc1001

regards

PowerProjectControl

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MJALARI 

Which error or problem do you meet when using the Text/CSV connector? I tested with this connector to connect to a sample XER file and got the data in Power Query Editor successfully. Were you able to see the data in Power Query Editor? Maybe you could see the data but would need to do some transformations to make data look more organized to be analyzed?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

edhans
Super User
Super User

According to this website, it is just a CSV file that uses a tab as the delimiter.

edhans_0-1625698180379.png
So just use the Text/CSV connector. In the lower right, change it from .txt, .csv, .prn to ALL FILES. 

edhans_1-1625698240323.png

Then change the delimiter on the first screen to a TAB.

edhans_2-1625698309782.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

this process is not working for me

Well @MJALARI you are going to have to give us some more info. Error messages, screen shots, sample files, something. "It isn't working" doesn't give us anything to go on here.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors