Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kirt1965
Helper III
Helper III

Get Data (new) hangs in a dataflow

Hello all,

I have multiple dataflows.  If I want to add a new table (query), normally I go Get Data->SQL Server database.  I'm presented with what you see in the first image below.  However, in one of our dataflows, it doesn't present this.  Instead, I get a spinning arrow as shown in the second image.  The dataflows all point to the same server and many of the same databases, so I don't know why the second hangs.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you.

Kirt1965_0-1705427661851.png

Kirt1965_1-1705427803507.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kirt1965,

If the dataflow already contains other queries for the server name, database name, and credentials for that table.
Try connecting on PBI desktop first, then copying what's in the advanced editor and creating a new blank query in daflow and pasting that code.

If this doesn't work, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Thanks for your reply.  I can duplicate a query in the dataflow and change the database table it's querying to be what I want.  That work around is available, but I'd like to know why it misbehaves when trying to establish a connection through normal means.

Hi @Kirt1965 ,

Glad to hear there's a workaround.
Due to privacy policy restrictions, we do not have access to log files, so we cannot investigate further.
1. You can try updating the gateway.
2. Create a new dataflow.
3. Change browser/clear browser cache.
You can check step-by-step to identify steps that may be problematic.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors