Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alangenfeld
Frequent Visitor

Finding the Reply to date in the Exchange server connection

The ability to connect to an Exchange server is fatastic.  Has anyone found a place where the "Replied to" timestamp resides in the data connection?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Also there's an attribute called IconIndex in the Attributes Record column, you can also add a check where the received email has that flag value "MailReplied", so that you won't have to do a search for emails that weren't replied to.

View solution in original post

alangenfeld
Frequent Visitor

Thank you both for the suggestions; I will attempt both shortly.  Ideally I was trying to create a calculated column from time of the origional email to the timestamp it was replied to.  This would allow me to monitor the response times under various conditions for a team email box.  These methods may allow me to get there with an extra step or two I hope.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
alangenfeld
Frequent Visitor

Thank you both for the suggestions; I will attempt both shortly.  Ideally I was trying to create a calculated column from time of the origional email to the timestamp it was replied to.  This would allow me to monitor the response times under various conditions for a team email box.  These methods may allow me to get there with an extra step or two I hope.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alangenfeld,

Based on test, I can't find the “Replied to timestamp”. Since the mail table stored the “DateTimeReceived” and “DateTimeSent”, you can refer to below formula to get the “DateTimeSent” as the “replied to timestamp”.

Table = FILTER(Mail, AND(ISERROR(SEARCH("Sent Items", Mail[Folder Path]))=FALSE(),ISERROR(SEARCH("RE:", Mail[Subject]))=FALSE()))

Notice: The formula is used to filter the table which “folder path” is “send items” and “subject” contains “RE:”, the “DateTimeSent” is the “replied to timestamp”.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Also there's an attribute called IconIndex in the Attributes Record column, you can also add a check where the received email has that flag value "MailReplied", so that you won't have to do a search for emails that weren't replied to.

How about if the email was forwarded? I tried a test and got "Default", does this mean Forward?

Hi @arify,

I am currently exploring a shared inbox in outlook. We are trying to compute the time from when an email was received up to when it was first replied to.  I can't seem to find where MailReplied is. Is it in Attributes?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Looking to do the samething. Did this ever get figured out?

@Wkbdrguy @danextian Expand "Attributes" Column and choose IconIndex. "MailReplied" is the value inside the cell

I figured a solution to it but it is kind of complex and I don't have a copy of the PBIX anymore since I left my previous company. One thing's for sure: connecting to OWA can be very slow.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors