Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kylerwimbush
Helper I
Helper I

Extract specific amount of rows below a value

I am trying to extract rows below a value but cannot figure out how. 

I have these 4 rows I want to extract into their own colum where then I would make the "Recommended Focus Areas" the header.

The problem is that these rows will change position everytime and the values under "Recommended Focus Areas" will change, but it will always be 3. 

kylerwimbush_0-1670002608758.png

After I extract the rows and promote the first one to the header, I am going to remove null columns across the table so I am only left with those 3 rows.

I am working with A PDF and those are not always ETL friendly. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kylerwimbush

Do you have many rows in the current table? What is the expected result of the table after transformation? 

You can use Excel to prepare some dummy data and expected result, copy these data and paste them in your post. This can help us understand your requirement more clearly. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors