Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PatrickK

Exchange Online calendar issue

I am trying to connect multiple persons calendars, that gave me *reviewer* permission in order to track the resource time more eficiently.

However the calendar permissions are not enough it seems (error: "the process failed to get the correct properties") and we found out that if you give the account *full access* permissions on the mailbox it works. Of course this is very undesireable and I hope that someone can help me find a way around that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PatrickK ,

Based on my research, the Exchange.Contents Function  can only accept a mailboxAddress without special folder, so the credential may need permission of the folder to this mailbox in order to list all the folder, Could you please try to give FolderVisible permission for the mailbox and the reviewer permission for the Calendar folder? Please let me know if there is anything wrong with my understand of the permssion of exchange.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PatrickK ,

Based on my research, the Exchange.Contents Function  can only accept a mailboxAddress without special folder, so the credential may need permission of the folder to this mailbox in order to list all the folder, Could you please try to give FolderVisible permission for the mailbox and the reviewer permission for the Calendar folder? Please let me know if there is anything wrong with my understand of the permssion of exchange.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, now I understand.

The "Folder view" permission is needed on mailbox level for it to make the "Reviewer" permission on calendar level effective. Else PowerBI will not be able to retrieve the properties of the calendar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors