Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Alienvolm
Helper IV
Helper IV

Error type 6: How to select columns to be uploaded to the model

Hello, 

I'm working with the CQD connector with Direct Query. I finished to build my report and I now would like to eliminate the columns that I don't need from the model to improve the speed and performance of the entire report. 

I found out that I can't. I tried deleting the columns (both one by one and with the Choose Columns button) and I get an error type 6 (see screenshot below):

Alienvolm_0-1605722463220.png

This is the original query: 

Alienvolm_1-1605722721505.png

Is there a way to modify it in a way that I can select what columns I want to use and not update the others?  

Thanks! 

~Alienvolm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alienvolm ,

I know little about this. 

But, to my experience, maybe you can try to use Query Parameter.

Reference: 

Data and reports in Call Quality Dashboard (CQD);

Using parameters;

Power BI Desktop Query Parameters, Part2, Dynamic Data Masking and Query Parameters;

Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query And Power BI M Code.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pastaj

Bump, same issue on the same data source (MicrosoftCallQuality) in DirectQuery mode. There are no workarounds that I can find due to the fact that filtering is not possible using DAX or M in DirectQuery mode. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alienvolm ,

I know little about this. 

But, to my experience, maybe you can try to use Query Parameter.

Reference: 

Data and reports in Call Quality Dashboard (CQD);

Using parameters;

Power BI Desktop Query Parameters, Part2, Dynamic Data Masking and Query Parameters;

Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query And Power BI M Code.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors