Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Alienvolm
Helper IV
Helper IV

Error type 6: How to select columns to be uploaded to the model

Hello, 

I'm working with the CQD connector with Direct Query. I finished to build my report and I now would like to eliminate the columns that I don't need from the model to improve the speed and performance of the entire report. 

I found out that I can't. I tried deleting the columns (both one by one and with the Choose Columns button) and I get an error type 6 (see screenshot below):

Alienvolm_0-1605722463220.png

This is the original query: 

Alienvolm_1-1605722721505.png

Is there a way to modify it in a way that I can select what columns I want to use and not update the others?  

Thanks! 

~Alienvolm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alienvolm ,

I know little about this. 

But, to my experience, maybe you can try to use Query Parameter.

Reference: 

Data and reports in Call Quality Dashboard (CQD);

Using parameters;

Power BI Desktop Query Parameters, Part2, Dynamic Data Masking and Query Parameters;

Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query And Power BI M Code.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pastaj

Bump, same issue on the same data source (MicrosoftCallQuality) in DirectQuery mode. There are no workarounds that I can find due to the fact that filtering is not possible using DAX or M in DirectQuery mode. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alienvolm ,

I know little about this. 

But, to my experience, maybe you can try to use Query Parameter.

Reference: 

Data and reports in Call Quality Dashboard (CQD);

Using parameters;

Power BI Desktop Query Parameters, Part2, Dynamic Data Masking and Query Parameters;

Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query And Power BI M Code.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors