Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error message when installing Enterprise Gateway - Personal

Hi Everyone,
I´m new at the forum.

I´m trying to install a Power BI Gateway - Personal but in the middle of the process the asistance show me this error:
"Please uninstall the Microsoft Data Management Gateway before continuing."

Error.png

And I don't have this programe on my computer.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The above error message could occur when some items of previous data management gateway are not uninstalled completely. Please perform the following steps to clean out the previous gateway.

1. Verify that if data management gateway exists in Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features. If it exists, uninstall it.
2. Delete upgrade code from Registry, please ensure you back up the registry before you make any changes to it. You can find the upgrade code by using log file mentioned in the above screenshot and Process Monitor, for more details, please review this similar blog.
3. Delete Data Management Gateway folder in C:\Program Files.

After you completely remove previous data management gateway, install personal gateway again and check if it is successful.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
vmsouza30
Helper I
Helper I

I´m have the same problem. I uninstalled this "On Premisses Data Gateway", but this problem persists.

Again installed the Data Management Gateway and choose "Personal Gateway", why have the file Excel in local.

I have the error log but I can not understand the problem.

This mensagem persists, have any another correct this problem?

powerbi_error1.png

powerbi_error2.png

powerbi_error3.png

Solved. Thank you very much. 

Selesnow
Regular Visitor

hi evryone,

Can you help me with this troubl in gateway instaling?

You can download my logfile from this link on my google disc. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1rgddqnM9XJdHd6dWM5M3F6YTg/view?usp=sharing

@Selesnow

Your log file is very similar to mine, I was able to completely remove the files and logs from the gateway, I was able to do the installation but now to run the launh the gateway hangs and I do not know what to do.

Yes, now i have similar trouble.

http://img.netpeak.ua/alsey/148179267284_kiss_13kb.png148179267284_kiss_13kb[1].png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The above error message could occur when some items of previous data management gateway are not uninstalled completely. Please perform the following steps to clean out the previous gateway.

1. Verify that if data management gateway exists in Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features. If it exists, uninstall it.
2. Delete upgrade code from Registry, please ensure you back up the registry before you make any changes to it. You can find the upgrade code by using log file mentioned in the above screenshot and Process Monitor, for more details, please review this similar blog.
3. Delete Data Management Gateway folder in C:\Program Files.

After you completely remove previous data management gateway, install personal gateway again and check if it is successful.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

I did this exact procedure following the tips of this page:

Https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/failure-installing-the-power-bi-personal-gateway/

I removed everything I found on power bi, gateway or even the regedit files indicated in the log file, but the error while installing the personal gateway still persists, is there any other procedure I can do?

Hello Lydia, I couldn't find the Upgrade Code in the Error Log. The Guy In a Cube video Log is different from mine, and the Error is also different. Can you give more details on how to find this code for the specific error mentioned above?

Hi everyone,

I solved the problem as below:

Search this tag in log file: DMGFOUND

The first is like  that

Action start 17:56:55: FindRelatedProducts.
MSI (s) (5C:30) [17:56:55:559]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding DMGFOUND property. Its value is '{B0DF816F-25F0-4541-835D-6C087AD4ACF1}'.

then, for uninstall DataManagementGateway, run this with your value: 

MsiExec.exe /X{B0DF816F-25F0-4541-835D-6C087AD4ACF1}

Bye

P.Carenini

Perfect Solution!

Incredible tip, I tried everything. Unistall it, took down the codes in registry, the guy in cube tips, unistalled other things related, deleted folders, etc.

This is the only thing that worked, the upgrade code wasn't in registru, but running the command was the key, thank you so much for this.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi, please can you explain how you solved it. I have uninstalled everything, removed registry keys, etc. but this problem persists.

thanks in advance.Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately , I cannot solve the problem, I have reinstalled Windows and start again. 😞

Now I'm working with On premises data gateway (personal mode) and works properly, but only if my pc is online.

kind regards

I'm sorry but I only managed to solve the problem when I turned on a virtual machine here on the company network with windows server r2, I was able to install the gateway and never had any problem, previously even with microsoft support the error had not been corrected, I made all the possible cleanings.

Hi,

thanks so much for the hint, it worked great.

However I now have another issue, does anyone know how to solve this?

gateway error.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it was very useful

Thank you very much. Solved it for me.

Saved my day, thanks a ton.

-Jan

Thank

using the MSIEXEC /X properly uninstall the gateway and I was able to reinstall (first time install worked, then I uninstall PowerBI personal Gatway and reinstall it and that is when trouble began)

I uninstall it because I was unable to make it work.

Still unable to make it work though.

Will write another message for that.

Super thanks!

This tip solved my problem. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors