Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in Loading Query: OLE DB or ODBC - Reached end of Buffer (JSON files)

Hello everyone!

I kept on getting this error in attempt to loading my query. Data source is a folder containing JSON files. I've already check data formats and replaced null values, as being recommended to most discussions I've read. But I still get this error message. Anyone knows how to make things work?

hmebq_au_0-1667434567115.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy,

I've already fixed the issue, turned out to be that the data source format has changed for the newer files.

Appreciate your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy,

I've already fixed the issue, turned out to be that the data source format has changed for the newer files.

Appreciate your help!

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous -  It looks like a memory issue, but we would need more information to help. 

Could you share the Power Query function that you created to read and transform the files? 

Are you reading the file/s from SharePoint Library?

How complex is the JSON?  How big?  How many JSON files?

You may need to consider separating Power Query from PBIX by using a Dataflow.  Dataflow can act as stepping stone in an Extract Transform and Load.  One dataflow to read or extract the file from SharePoint.  Then another Dataflow to do the transformations.  Then load to PBIX file.

Many thanks

Daryl

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors