Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anuarmn
Advocate I
Advocate I

Enterprise gateway is not available in Trial Account

I have shared my gateway using my Pro account to users that are using the 60-days trial. But the users cannot use the gateway that I have shared to them. The option is greyed out like below picture. Is this expected?

Edit : I only shared the datasource, not the gateway admin access.

gateway.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anuarmn,

I tested in my environment today, when I share the data source with users whether they have installed on-premise data gateway before or not, then can also use this shared data source under Gateway Connection. Would you please try again to let me know if issue persists?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anuarmn,

I can reproduce the issue if I share the data source with the UserA who doesn't install any gateway before, the UserA will get the same issue as yours. But if UserA has installed personal gateway before though it's uninstalled now,  the Gateway Connection will be available and data gateway also appear.

In your scenario, to workaround the issue, please install the personal gateway. Meanwhile, I will report this issue internally and keep you updated once get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@anuarmn Can you clarify this a bit.. You created a gateway, and made other people administrators of the gateway? And they have "Pro" trial accounts but can't see the gateway?

Did you create data sources on the gateway and add the other users to the data source? They need to be part of the users list in order to use the gateway to refresh or publish against that data source.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

No, I did not make the "Pro" trial accounts as the admin of the gateway. I just shared the datasource of the gateway to them. But the users cant see the datasource that I am sharing to them.

@anuarmn I'm getting tripped up by "Share". If you mean you added the users to the data source in the data source section here

users.JPG

This doesn't assign the data source as a dataset to a user. This only gives permission to the user to publish a report using that data source. The big distinction here is the difference between "dataset" and "data source". They can use the Power BI Desktop to connect to the same datasource, build their reports and publish to the Service. You are giving them that permission to use the data source on the gateway to schedule refreshes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors