Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tiago_santos

Decimal point not being imported by Power BI (using SAP BW connector)

Hi,

When I import decimal numerical data from SAP BW the decimal point isn't imported with it.

Example:

How the number is in SAP BW: 111.99 .How the number first appears in Power BI: 11199 . How the number is in Power BI after conversion to decimal number (either in query editor or in Power BI Desktop)  11199.00

I was using Power BI June release until last week, and this problem didn't exist, i.e. the decimal point was imported correctly. When I updated to the August release, the numbers in my models became wrong and I traced it to this problem.

For now I'm dividing all the numbers by 100 to get the decimal point to the right place. However this is not a good solution. 

I assume this is an issue with the SAP BW connector, is there a fix for this problem? Or will this problem be fixed in the next version of Power BI?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tiago_santos From what you're saying it sounds like a bug in the connector. I would suggest you report it here. I would have used the same workaround you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors