Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Reply
houket_tang
Frequent Visitor

[DataSource.Error] Web.Contents failed to get contents

Hi Brains Trust,

I'm hoping to be able to get some help with an error I've been experiencing recently. I have several PBI dashboards that have a few tables connected to a Sharepoint folder. They have been running without issues, until of late when I receive the following error upon refresh:

 

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Web.Contents failed to get contents from <source>

 

When I went into Power Query and attempted refresh of the specific tables, sometimes the refresh works, other times the following message is received:

 

An error occurred in the ‘Transform File’ query. DataSource.Error: Web.Contents failed to get contents from <source>.

 

The issue occurs on both PBI Desktop and PBI Server. 

 

Googling hasn't return any helpful results unfortunately. Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions? Thank you in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @houket_tang ,

 

This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

 

                                                                                                                                                         

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

View solution in original post

IrkenCR
Employee
Employee

Hello,

 

The issue should be mitigated now. Could you confirm?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
joelzehring
Frequent Visitor

Recent refreshes between SharePoint and Power BI seem to be successful.

IrkenCR
Employee
Employee

Hello,

 

The issue should be mitigated now. Could you confirm?

Hi @IrkenCR, I can confirm that refresh has worked successfully and the error messages are no longer received. Thank you for your prompt response and confirmation!

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @houket_tang ,

 

This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

 

                                                                                                                                                         

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

we're having the same issue with a very important report for our client. Sharepoint conection error 429, when i attempt the refresh from PBI Desktop, sometimes it works and sometimes not, but it definitely does'nt work on the service. for now i'm refreshing it daily through PBI Desktop. hoping you can get a resolution for the 429 error soon.

Is there any update on this, I too am seeing this issue in multiple datasets, across multiple clients tenants with datasets that have refreshed successfully every hour for over 12 months.  This is causing significant issues with clients so could do with a swift resolution

houket_tang
Frequent Visitor

Hi @joelzehring , thank you for your reply. Were you able to get a resolution? I rechecked the error and you're right, I did get a 429 code as part of the error message.

houket_tang_0-1685057243672.png

Thanks,
Tang

joelzehring
Frequent Visitor

We're seeing a similar issue with datasets connected to SharePoint. It appears to be a recent issue. The error message includes "429" which is a common HTTP error code indicating "Too many requests".

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors