Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KathyPullin
Frequent Visitor

Data Gateway strange message from an attempt to re-install

I attempted to re-install the Data Gateway, which appeared to go fine, until it finished, that's when I received the message below.  Not sure how well the text can be seen, it states:  "You have successfully Something unexpected happened, the on-premises data gateway."  Not sure how to take that, as it appears I'm successful and yet, something unexpected happened.  Any one have any ideas? 

Gateway Error (2).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@KathyPullin Never seen this before but I would suggest you completely uninstall data gateway, remove all registry keys, files, folders and then try to install new one. Maybe @GuyInACube can help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@KathyPullin Never seen this before but I would suggest you completely uninstall data gateway, remove all registry keys, files, folders and then try to install new one. Maybe @GuyInACube can help.

Thank you Ankit, I will attempt to clean it up and re-install.  If it works I will mark your reply as the solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors