Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

desertislesql
Helper III
Helper III

Converting existing gateway to new On-prem data gateway

I have a report which is using the old Personal Gateway. I would like to convert the data connections to use the new On-prem enterprise connection.  Is it possible to migrate the data connections from the personal gateway to the new gateway using Enterprise? If I can't do this, I am afraid that I will have to recreate the reports. Before I do that, I was hoping to clarify my options.

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@desertislesql I think what you will have to do is install and get new data gateway up and running. Then in power bi service go to settings -> manage gateways -> add data source that your existing reports uses for the new gateway. Then under dataset settings for existing reports it will show you your old gateway and new gateway and you will have the option to choose between the two. Check out this article.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors