Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bapt69
Helper I
Helper I

Connection to Active Directory and Ldap-Err DSID-0C090A5E

Hey everyone,

I would like to connect my report to the AD. The purpose is getting association user/county (approx) and creating RLS related to this.

I try "Get Data" => "Active Directory" and fill the domain then :

PowerBI-AD.jpg

I don't know what is the problem....Is there only one problem....

Just a problem about auth/rights? The message error does not seem really clear...

I looked for answers in google and in this community...in vain!

Thank everyone!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bapt69 ,

LDAP error code 49 with the DSID-0C090A5E error message indicates that the authentication failed due to invalid credentials. Please check the credentials and try again. If the issue persists, you can try resetting the password for the account you are using to authenticate. You can also check if the account is locked out or disabled. If the issue persists, please refer to the documentation for your LDAP server or contact your LDAP administrator for further assistance.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bapt69 ,

LDAP error code 49 with the DSID-0C090A5E error message indicates that the authentication failed due to invalid credentials. Please check the credentials and try again. If the issue persists, you can try resetting the password for the account you are using to authenticate. You can also check if the account is locked out or disabled. If the issue persists, please refer to the documentation for your LDAP server or contact your LDAP administrator for further assistance.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Sorry,

You're right, I use a service account (read_only access) and it's all right. I used my win account (no access).

I thought the message would be clearer than that so I thought the problem was somewhere else.

Thx!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors