Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jtischler
Helper I
Helper I

Column not found in refresh. I can see it in the CSV file, but its not showing in the table expand

Hello all,

I have had some scheduled daily reports that source my query.  The other day my auto refresh threw an error saying that the 'Required Compliance' column was not found.

I have made zero changes to the query or the raw data report to have had anything change.  And in fact all 3 reports are the same report just separated by region to reduce file sizes.

Out of the blue, 1 of the reports started throwing this error of 'column not found'

When I go into the transformation steps and look at the table expand step, I can see all of the columns but the Required Compliance column isn't there.  I look at the raw data and it is definitely there in the CSV!  I opened up a new query and import the data, and It is seen there no problem.

I removed the problem file and the refresh worked fine.  Ran a NEW CSV report and saved it and the error is thrown again.

Any ideas on this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlienSx
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Jtischler . The number of columns in your source file has probably changed. Remove optional "Columns" parameter from Csv.Document function call to grab all columns.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jtischler
Helper I
Helper I

@AlienSx  Thank you for pointing out the obvious.  I seriously never would have looked to compare the columns as I was confident that they were the same.  The reports contained literally every field available from the platform sending them.  When I recreated a corrupt one last week, I selected all the fields just like the originals, or so I thought.  Turns out one field in the original reports used to create the PBIX was not included, and I included it in my recreated report which is what threw it all off.  Thanks again!

AlienSx
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Jtischler . The number of columns in your source file has probably changed. Remove optional "Columns" parameter from Csv.Document function call to grab all columns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors