Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blackanese27
Frequent Visitor

Changes made in Transform Sample File not changing in my Master Query

Hi Folks! I'm working on wrapping up a query I did and am having a hard time understanding why the changes I've made in the Transform Sample File aren't reflecting the master query that the Sample File is taken from. It's the only set of edits where I've noticed the changes weren't being made. The first image below reflects the data type changes that I made (as a date data type).Move In Date Transform Sample File.png

The below image is what I'm seeing in the Master QueryMove in Date Master Query.png

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Chrisjr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @blackanese27  I am having the same issue here. 

Did you manage to solve it ?

JP_OWR

I have a similar problem, did not get the warning and can see the steps in the function but they are not been applied. It seems to mainly be change of type functions it occurs.

m_dekorte
Super User
Super User

Hi @blackanese27,

Did you by any chance open the function query "Transform File" in the advanced editor?

If so, you should have seen this prompt.

m_dekorte_0-1683883356036.png

Create a new connection to the folder, copy your steps from the "Transform Sample File" into the new "Transform Sample File (2)" query and see if these are now reflected in the new result/output query.

Ps. If this helps solve your query please mark this post as Solution, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors