Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Urid1969
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot import a small model (64 MB) from SSAS Tabular to Power BI

Hello

We  have a pretty small model developed in SSAS (28 GB RAM) and try import into PowerBI . We select only needed columns and it stuck on this error

How to resolve it?test.png

2 REPLIES 2

@Urid1969

If you choose “import” you are pulling all the data from the model into the Power BI Desktop. This only pulls in the data, you would have re-build all the relationships etc.

Is there a reason you have not selected the “Connect Live” option? This option leaves all the data in the model on the SSAS instance, and PBI recognizes the model/relationships/measures etc. You wouldn’t run into any of the import or out of memory errors by using this connection type.

(I think I saw this same question in a different area, so, same answer)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you, yes, PBI does not derive the relationship if you do an import model. We decided to import the SQL Server data (only needed fields) to get the maximum performance

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors