Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ericlind07

Calculate New Measures/Add other Data Sources with a Direct Cube Connection

Hi There,

So far I've not been able to figure out how (or if it's possible) to direct connect to a cube and then add additional cubes and/or data. For example, I might have one cube with Sales data by client and another with client training information and I need to see if training leads to increased sales.

Even within the same cube I have some measure challenges on direct connect.

Say for example I have two Cube source measures that I need to take one as a proportion of the other. I can't figure out how to add new measures on a direct connect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric~

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ericlind07,

These are known issues that we are not able to create new measures and we cannot add other data sources after connecting to SSAS via a live connection in Power BI Desktop. Some ideas about these issues have been submitted in the following link, please vote them up.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/12532173-ssas-get-data-multiple-d...
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11685723-create-calculated-measur...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia. I voted up the topic. With luck Microsoft will tackle this quickly. That said, I'm thrilled with all of these new tools. Microsoft is always finding new ways to make my analytical life easier! 😄

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I may be thinking direct query, it may not be possible today with SSAS connections.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

That appears to be the case. Thanks for the feedback however. 🙂

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe that in the report view, you right click your fields area and create a new measure from the menu there. It is definitely supported

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-use-directquery/

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors