Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Matt_T
Regular Visitor

Calculate Activity based on logon-logoff times

Hi all!
I'm trying to put together a server load map based on logon and logoff times from an extract.
I have two columns with date/time data storing the login and logoff times for users, and also a user ID for defining each user.

Matt_T_0-1718365064312.png

I'd like to showcase this data in a chart where I'd be able to see the concurrent users at a specific hour.
Example:
Case A: If a user logged on at 08:00:00 and logged off at 16:00:00 I'd like for him to have an entry for all of the hours inbetween.

Case B: If a user logged on at 08:00:00 but logged off at 10:00:00, I'd like for him to only show up during this timeframe.

I've already set up some slicers for filtering on days, so that the visuals would be understandable, but I'm unable to come up with a solution on how to extract this data from my dataset and to visualize it.
I have an idea to convert the current table into another with "Hour" and "Active users" at that specific time for all hours of all days in the dataset, but I'm unsure about how to go forwards with this.

Your help/input is deeply appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Matt_T
Regular Visitor
2 REPLIES 2
Matt_T
Regular Visitor
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors