Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ALEKSGOD
Helper I
Helper I

Automated updates of the source

Hello,

I would like to improve the way source for my power Bi report in updated. 

The main source is excel file. Every month new excel file is added to the folder. Excel file is updated monthly (to the old data are added data for the last month) 

path looks sth like this - \\Year\fiscal month\excel file
In the last folder there is more files (.txt & xlsx & csv). 

When new excel file is available I have to change manually in the source in power bi name of the month folder (eg. from P03 to P04) and the name of the excel file (eg. from 'Revenue23 HU P03' to 'Revenue23 HU P04') any idea how could I automate this changes?
Thanks,
Aleks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

If you are using a folder as the data source (which you should be), you can just filter by Date Created, Is Latest (or maybe it's just Latest). You could also just sort by Date Created descending and just keep the first  row.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

If you are using a folder as the data source (which you should be), you can just filter by Date Created, Is Latest (or maybe it's just Latest). You could also just sort by Date Created descending and just keep the first  row.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors