Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RevathyAnand

ADO Work items with direct links from OData Query

Hi All,

I am trying to fetch the Iteration Path of the Direct Child link work Item. I am able to get all the other fields like State, Title, Id. But Iteration is returning null. Please help me.

Though the query returns the right data for all the fileds except the Iteration which is loaded with null value.

let
   Source = OData.Feed("https://analytics.dev.azure.com/{name}/{name}/WorkItems?" & "$filter=WorkItemType eq 'Feature'" & "and State ne 'Removed'" & "and startswith(Area/AreaPath,
{areapath})" & "and Iteration/IterationPath eq {Iteration Path value}" & "&$select=WorkItemId,Title,WorkItemType,State,Priority,Severity,TagNames,AreaSK" & "&$expand=AssignedTo($select=UserName),Iteration($select=IterationPath),Area($select=AreaPath)," & "Links(" & "$filter=LinkTypeName eq 'Child'" & "and TargetWorkItem/WorkItemType eq 'User Story';" & "$select=LinkTypeName;" & "$expand=TargetWorkItem($select=WorkItemType,WorkItemId,Title,State,Iteration)" & ")", null, [Implementation="2.0", OmitValues=ODataOmitValues.Nulls, ODataVersion=4])
in
    Source

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RevathyAnand ,

Hope these two links could help you.

Use OData queries to generate Power BI reports - Azure DevOps | Microsoft Learn

Work Items with Direct Links sample report - Azure DevOps | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors