Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MicaelaTantum
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerBI Dashboard Interactive Display

Hello, I am in need of some help, please.

I have created a PowerBI dashboard with many mini dashboards embedded in. When you select one of the mini dashboards that screen then takes over and people can analyse and do their thing. I have large Dell touchscreen monitors with a Micro PC sitting on the back to power it. I need my PowerBI dashboard ( which is interactive) to be live on this monitor and to be locked out.

So the ideal scenario would be, you look at the monitor and see data fluctuating on a PowerBi dashboard, you then decide to drill down into one specific metric for more information. You are a manager and you now log into the board to use the drill down capabilities. You are finished and you lock the screen back to the original PowerBI dashboard.

I dont know where to start or too look for this ? Any ideas / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello MicaelaTantum

I love this idea.

Here's how I might approach this. I would publish the reports that you want to be displayed as an App and share that app with the organization. Then have the managers get access to the more detailed reports that you mention in a separate Power BI Workspace so when they log in they are able to switch over to those reports.

One suggestion if you go that route is to put a button on your main app screen that links directly to the restricted workspace. That way the manager could click it, they'd probably get a permission denied error, then they put their information in. Then when they are done, they just go back to the app.

There may be some other ways to approach the problem, but I think this might work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello MicaelaTantum

I love this idea.

Here's how I might approach this. I would publish the reports that you want to be displayed as an App and share that app with the organization. Then have the managers get access to the more detailed reports that you mention in a separate Power BI Workspace so when they log in they are able to switch over to those reports.

One suggestion if you go that route is to put a button on your main app screen that links directly to the restricted workspace. That way the manager could click it, they'd probably get a permission denied error, then they put their information in. Then when they are done, they just go back to the app.

There may be some other ways to approach the problem, but I think this might work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors