Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cmccully
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate button in Power BI does not send data

Hello

I have a Power Automate button in Power BI that triggers a flow to add an item to a SharePoint list. This works but I am not able to pass a field through the button to SharePoint.

The field is the result of a measure and has a single value as shown below:

cmccully_0-1634148731233.png

When I try to add this value to the SharePoint list in Power Automate I do not see a way to add it.

I see the column I want it added to in the SharePoint list and I see the automated fields like User Name and User Email but not my field I am passing through.

cmccully_1-1634148883686.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmccully
Helper I
Helper I

After poking around a bit more and reviewing the connection between the button and my flow

cmccully_0-1634150648607.png

I was able to get to another view that showed more data options:

cmccully_1-1634150702588.png

When hovering over the selected variable I could see it was the field I passed in from Power BI. I was able to select it and add it to the SharePoint list.

After saving the flow and then going back in I could see another step added as shown below

cmccully_2-1634150936843.png

Marking as answered!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HarrievandeSun
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I got this problem as well after I turned on Concurrency Control in Power Automate.

Since it is not able to turn off concurrency control again, I built a new flow and applied it to the button and everything worked again.

cmccully
Helper I
Helper I

After poking around a bit more and reviewing the connection between the button and my flow

cmccully_0-1634150648607.png

I was able to get to another view that showed more data options:

cmccully_1-1634150702588.png

When hovering over the selected variable I could see it was the field I passed in from Power BI. I was able to select it and add it to the SharePoint list.

After saving the flow and then going back in I could see another step added as shown below

cmccully_2-1634150936843.png

Marking as answered!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors