Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jasonyeung87
Helper IV
Helper IV

Deploy Power BI reports from on premise F&O problem

Hi,

I have an on prem F&O environment and want to deploy Power BI reports. The following link provides me instructions on how to do this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/analytics/configure-power-bi-int...

I've followed the steps in the link and also installed a data gateway on the server (as it's on prem). After setting this up, I tried to deploy a Power BI report (these reports are prebuilt), via the following:

Deploy Power BI.JPG

I checked one of the reports and then clicked on "Deploy Power BI files" on the top left corner. It would process for a while and then fail with the following message:

Deploy Power BI failed.JPG

While this is processing, I logged onto Power BI service, went to the "My workspace" workspace and noticed that the report I'm deploying is in the workspace, but will disappear when F&O fails. I opened the Power BI file and it has the error message at the top:

Error in Power BI report.JPG

When I setup the data gateway in Power BI service, I was able to connect to the database. (user is "axdwadmin" and the database is "AXDW").

I was wondering if there is some additional info on how to allow F&O to deploy Power BI reports?

Jason

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors