Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HamishSwyft
Frequent Visitor

Business Central load stuck on "Creating connection in model"

I am developing reporting based on our cloud deployed Business Central instance.

I attempted to load table data into my desktop PowerBI report, which was very slow & often failed to load. Working with ~300k rows per table I attempted to shift some of the processing to the cloud; I've written queries to provide aggregation to minimise the workload in PowerBI. These work perfectly in the "preview" (& indeed show all of the data required- aggregated).

When I attempt to load the same query, however, I am back to a perpetual "Creating connection in model..." load screen.

Edit: I have attempted to perform this both with the Business Central connector & the OData Feed with the same result.

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Hamish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HamishSwyft
Frequent Visitor

Update: (apparently) fixed by rolling back to the August release of Power BI as per this thread 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HamishSwyft
Frequent Visitor

Update: (apparently) fixed by rolling back to the August release of Power BI as per this thread 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors