Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bobotime

dynamic field "User email" in Power Automate

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to trigger an instant flow to send data from PowerBI as a csv table. I've done everything but I can't find the dynamic "user email" field in Power Automate, can anyone help me understand?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Make sure you're editing the flow from inside of Power BI in the Power Automate visual, not from the Power Automate maker portal. I noticed some dynamic content doesn't show up on the maker portal side when you're editing. If you're referring to the user who clicked the button, that should just be included in the trigger fields, if it's the user in one of your dataset fields you can use parse json to parse it to make it selectable (or manually type in the reference via expression). 

Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @bobotime,

Or are you talking about the user clicking the button to trigger the flow in Power BI?

If that is the case there should be a user email field both encoded and a regular one.

The regular one can be retrieved via the below expression.

triggerOutputs()['headers']['x-ms-user-email']

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

is the "user email" one of the fields in the Power BI data that you hand over to the PowerAutomate visual? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.