Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Julien_Fremeau
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect to Dataverse from Power BI Desktop

Hello

I'm unable to connect to the data in Dataverse from Power BI Desktop.

My Power BI desktop version: 2.105.1143.0 64-bit (May 2022)

When I use the Common Data Service (legacy) connector, it works fine and I can connect to the data in my Power Platform environments.

When I try connecting to the same source using the dataverse connector, it fails droppping me the following error.

Note that it succeeds to show me the list of environments in the Navigator screen of the Get data steps. But when trying to expand one of the environment to select among the tables, I don't see the tables but an error message

Error: Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I've verified , the TDS endpoint is enabled on the tested environment.

I need the Dataverse connector to work. Can you help me plese?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Julien_Fremeau
Regular Visitor

9 REPLIES 9
FongarlandG
Regular Visitor

Someone resolve this issue use with the power bi desktop pls ??

Hello

You have to work with your IT department to get firewall / proxy rukles updated so to allow the flow between Power BI on your desktop and the dataverse.

Regards,

Wich firewall/proxy rules are need pls?

I don't know. you have to sse with your network team

RobotRising
Frequent Visitor

Seeing the same issue here. Any resolution? I can use CDS (legacy) but that won't give me direct query. 

Hello

It appears that it's a nextwork issue on my end also. I need to get some firewall changes to make it work. But I haven't done it yet. CDS leacy connetcors work though but I would not trust it to last very long

Regards

Julien_Fremeau
Regular Visitor

Anonymous
Not applicable

This same problem happened to me. Interested to see the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

After some digging, it seems possible (if not likely) that it's an issues with the proxy server.

Either way, the connector in the online dataflow system works, so that will do for the meantime.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors