Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EStieg
Employee
Employee

READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the Better Together Integration Boards!

Hello everyone!

As we approach the Microsoft Business Applications Summit Digital Event, you may have heard James Phillips focus on “Better Together” and how the Power Platform / Dynamics products work better together.  Until now, there hasn’t been a location for resources where customers can learn more about how the products integrate.   

Please note the FAQ and Special Notes section below for current information.

What is this about: 

These forums highlight HOW the Power Platform and Dynamics products integrate, or work “better together”.  The how-to, use case examples and best practices forums will also automatically be syndicated across ALL the Business Applications Communities.  

Why is this special: 

We’d like to offer this opportunity for you to grow and showcase your expertise with solutions involving more than one Power Platform / Dynamics product. 

This is a great opportunity to grow your reputation across the Power Platform communities – which means 5X the exposure!   

How does it work: 

It’s simple, create posts that share integration solutions that walk a reader through the “How To” of your example.  This content may also be multi-purposed in other ways and opportunities for you (webinars, AMAs, showcase at MBAS).   

If you’re interested contributing “How To” content: 

1. Be sure you are registered with each community so that you will get direct credit for your syndicated content across the communities: 
    1. Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agent (these all use the same community user account) 
    2. Power BI 
  2.  Prepare and post your content following the guidelines below 

Guidelines:  

• Content must showcase a minimum of two Power Platform products: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agent, Dynamics.   

• Content submitted should include the following sections with an overall focus on “How-To:” 

Introduction: Which products are being highlighted; what is the task accomplished 

Demonstration and Instructions:  Pictures or video demonstrating integration with details on the process or steps taken  

Labels: Select the "product' label within the forum post for all products referenced in the post (to ensure the content is syndicated to the appropriate communities)

Better Together Summary:  Summary of benefits/impact - what the integration provides vs. single product usage 

Here’s an example of a post that shows multiple products, with instructions and video in the post. 

FAQ 

• Multiple content submissions are allowed and encouraged! 
  • MS Employees are encouraged to submit content as well     
  • Some contributors will be invited to participate in recorded webinars and other opportunities to showcase their “better together” integration example across all the communities / other MSFT properties exponentially increasing exposure and assistance to customers. 

Special Notes

1.  Editing Labels:  Please ensure you select the correct labels as you cannot edit the labels once your post is published.  This is important because the selection of labels determines which communities your post will appear. 

We look forward to the opportunity to showcase you and your expertise across the communities! 

If you have any questions, please reply to this thread! 

Thank you, 

Eric

6 REPLIES 6
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for the post and question - I'm sure other users have the same question!  Yes, you absolutely can post with screenshots rather than embedding a video!  Please let me know if this answers your question!

3d drawing easy

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Need

Hint:

@ links to members, content

to be walk through this process.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Can you post a submission that does not include video but, screenshots. I've got integrations between multiple products but, they are based within a School Division so need to be careful with the data visible.

Hi skmcken,

Thank you for the post and question - I'm sure other users have the same question!  Yes, you absolutely can post with screenshots rather than embedding a video!  Please let me know if this answers your question!

Best,

Eric

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

My account for the Power Apps and Power Automate forums uses my personal email address, whereas the Power BI forum requires an organizational account to register and sign in with - this could potentially be an issue for other users as well - is there any way to syndicate two separate accounts?

Thanks,

Sancho

Hi Sancho,

Thank you for the note and question.  You may have an option to consolidate accounts or "merge" them.  Is this of interest to you?  

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors