Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noahkeith11

PowerBI is summing data that I do not want summed

Hello all, 

I am trying to create a matrix table in PowerBI to display the information on my normal table that I have created. When I create the matrix table however, it summs data that I do not want summed. (I have changed the data to "Do not summerize" before I even dragged the data into the matrix table. 

The example in the picture provided shows both the table I created (On the left) and the matrix table (On the right). 

If you take a look at the date of Jan 10, 2018; You will see on the table there are two different entries, two seperate totals, and two seperate tonnages. On the matrix table however, it has grouped these into one line and summed the total for that specific day. This is not what I want, I want the data to sum at the end for all of the data in the table. When it sums it by day like it has, it screws the numbers that I am looking for and is incorrect matched to my master excel file that demonstrates what each final total should be. 

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated! I am new to PowerBI. 

2 REPLIES 2
noahkeith11

Support.PNG

Hi @noahkeith11 

Welcome to Power BI!

By default, the matrix visual will aggregate everything in the Values section.

If your original data has a unique identifier for each row you could place that in the Rows section (or add an Index column using Power Query).

MattBMotive_1-1710506980730.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors