Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi report showing Power Platform objects?

I have created a, "system", that relies on Power Bi Reports, Dashboards, Alerts, Sharepoint Lists, and Power Automate flows.

In order for it to function correctly, there needs to be specific entries in lists, specific objects created, specific alerts created, etc. The absence of any one element will cause the "system" to fail.

I am hoping that a Power Bi report, or other Power Platform tool, besides Admin tools, can look into these Power environments and see if something exists.

I need to check if these things exist:

1. One entries in two seperate SharePopint lists requiring two columns between them to match

2. A Dashbord with a name that needs to match the entries in the SharePoint Lists

3. An Alert is created on a KPI/Card on the Dashboard

4. A Power Automate Flow to handle the alert (I'll have to partially match, or construct a string to match the name of the POwer Automate flow) exists.

I'll probably find other things I need to check also.

So the initial question is, can a Power Bi report look into these platforms and see entries, cataglogs, etc.

If not, which Power Platform too might be able to?

Thx

1 REPLY 1
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

Yes, a Power BI report can look into different Power Platform objects and check if they exist or not. To check the existence of SharePoint lists, columns, and entries, you can use the Power BI SharePoint data connector to bring in data from SharePoint and then use DAX formulas to perform the required checks.

To check the existence of a dashboard, alerts, and Power Automate flows, you may need to use the Power BI REST API to query metadata and then perform the required checks in Power BI.

You can also consider using Power Platform tools such as Power Apps or Power Automate to build custom solutions that check the existence of the objects you need and then communicate the results back to Power BI for reporting purposes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors