Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amilanien
Regular Visitor

Power Automate Button in Power BI does not work when embedded in SharePoint

I have a Power Automate Button in a Power BI report that exports data to a CSV file in OneDrive.  When clicked in the Power BI interface it works perfectly.  The button says Triggering and then Triggered and the flow is completed. 

The Power BI Report is presented to users embedded in a SharePoint Online page.  When the Power Automate button is clicked on the embedded report the Button switches to say Triggering and hangs there and never processes.  This state never resolves and the flow is not kicked off.  What are we doing wrong? 

4 REPLIES 4
Thiago__Lima
Regular Visitor

Not shure if this is a limitation on Sharepoint, but when using Power Automate buttons on Power BI you need to share the flow with the people that need to run it, or with everyone on your company (if you have a group set up like that). Also, you could try to set the Sharepoint as owner and see if it works (check the image bellow).

Thiago__Lima_0-1680099076913.png

gsheeley

I have exactly the same issue.

My flow works perfectly from Power BI Desktop and from the Power BI Web Interface too. However when clicking the button from the report embedded on a Sharepoint page it hangs. The button text changes to "Triggering" and just sits there. 

Looking at the 28-day run history of the flow, I see it has not even started.

This is super disappointing as my users only access the report via the embedded Sharepoint version, therefore in my scenario this new functionality is of no use for us. Any update, posting this in March 2023

David_Morris
Frequent Visitor

I also have the same problem. Has anybody found a solution?

My flow works perfectly from Power BI Desktop and from the Power BI Web Interface too. However when clicking the button from the report embedded on a Sharepoint page it hangs. The button text changes to "Triggering" and just sits there. 

Looking at the 28-day run history of the flow, I see it has not even started.

This is super disappointing as my users only access the report via the embedded Sharepoint version, therefore in my scenario this new functionality is of no use for us.

Has there been any further movement or acknowledgement of this since the previous post in September 2022?

Cheetah
Helper I
Helper I

I have the same problem. not other users but myself as the owner of the flow, cannot successfully triger the flow when the report is embedded to a Sharepoint, while in PowerBI sever it works fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors