Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yohannes_adeba
Frequent Visitor

How to Package Power Platform inter related applications in to one System?

Dear Community

Greetings.

I work as a consultant for recruitment-related data in an organization that has an Office 365 license. To improve, I created a SharePoint list that records all recruitment attributes and shared the board view with recruiters so they could update their individual cards. I also used various manual and scheduled Power Automate Flows that are linked to this List. Furthermore, I have a PowerApps and Power-BI application that makes use of this list as a source. This integrated application has now evolved into one of the most effective tools in the organization.

Case to solve

I want to standardize this system by packaging it into a single package that other sister entities can easily install without having to redo the entire process.

I'm experimenting with solutions in power apps and below are my questions.

1. Am in the right place? Is ‘Solutions’ in Power Apps that solve my problem?
  2. If Yes, I am using ‘add existing system’ feature and I need help on these issues.
    • I am able to add the related apps and cloud flows but I want to know how I can add the SharePoint list which took me a lot of time to design.
    • How can I add the Power BI which I’ve published on the service.
    • I also would love to add the other related SharePoint site I built which has news , yammer page, forms as well as embedded power bi.
    • When I package will it affect the system that is currently in use?
    • If I am able to package successfully, are there any suggestions to deploy it to other accounts?

2 REPLIES 2
yohannes_adeba
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. very much for the swift reply.
For your information, I'm referring to Reza's video, which is already greatly aiding me, as you also suggested. I'll review your remarks and hope you'll give me the go-ahead to return here if more clarification is required regarding my earlier list of inquiries. 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @yohannes_adeba 

yes, you would like to use a Solution for this. I recommend to go through this video on solutions and then read through the Microsoft documentation. This should clarify most of your points.

A few things I would like to add:

• ALM is a way to efficiently push your solutions from Dev to Test to Production, basically a fancy export <> import - Reza's YouTube channel also has a video on pipelines
  • Downloading a Sharepoint list has nothing to do with PowerApps - but you can export it and download it automatically via Power Automate Desktop for example. I would suggest setting up proper backup policies within Sharepoint though

Good luck!

Pete

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors