Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How can i make database/Power platform environment Read only

HI
I have to make Power Platform environment's Database to Readonly when specific capacity is reached either using Power Apps, Power Automate, Powershell or from COE

I have already checked options for Alerting system in COE when Specific Capacity Reached but i need a functionality of making Environment/Environment Database as View Only

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @NeelimaNeelu, thank you.

I'm not aware of a way to prevent an admin from creating more records in a specific environment, as they have the 'system administrator' role assigned - apart from removing their admin access and any security role providing create/write permissions from the user.

Henry

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Henry, Thanks for Reply 

Business Scenario is like "Environment Makers/ Admins should not perform any  action further more when the capacity is reached specific Limit(Say 2GB)." 
With COE, there is option to configure Approved Capacity. COE Flow triggers notification to Admin , when 80%  of Approved Capacity is consumed, asking them to free up space but still they can consume more then Approved Capacity. 
So, Looking for options to make Environment/Environment Database View Only

I Hope this gives you idea on business requirement, Please suggest a Solution 

Thanks, 
Neelima

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @NeelimaNeelu,

This isn't possible today and I'm not even sure that this can be implemented, as some technical tables need to be updated (for example for system jobs).

Can you share more context as to why you would need this?

A workaround I can imagine is to switch the security role of your end-users to a read-only one so that they can't create new records, but I would be concerned about breaking business scenarios.

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors