Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Calvinorr
Frequent Visitor

Export PowerBI Data to Excel using Power Automate

Struggling to get this to work when trying to create a new file. It works fine if I have an Excel template already set up. However when I try to create a new spreadsheet based on a template (so with the same Table name etc) I get errors.

Using "Get File Contest using path" and then "Create File" - both these work and a new file is created in the right place.

But my "Add a row into a table" does not 

Calvinorr_0-1683043362597.png

I am having to custom code the Table name - as it does not know it. But using the correct table name.

Getting this error

"status"400,
  "message""A value must be provided for item.\r\nclientRequestId: 17006e0c-ce6e-4d34-a6d5-02cc6346b6ca",
  "error": {
    "message""A value must be provided for item."
  },
  "source""excelonline-ne.azconn-ne-003.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

I am stumped - based on Youtube video from @rezadorrani

4 REPLIES 4
Calvinorr
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - will take a look at your video - but effectively it needs to be an Excel file - but I can review this and see if a csv file will meet the needs of the project.

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Does it have to be XLSX specifically? It is much easier to create a CSV file, which might fit your need depending on what you're trying to do. 

I have a video on creating CSVs that are sent to SharePoint with Power Automate here (this is not a Power BI-specific video but the technique is the same once you have your data in the flow): https://youtu.be/RBx-HbVpWTQ

Calvinorr
Frequent Visitor

No, I never did - had to stick with a template

AlexH-IT
Regular Visitor

Hi Calvin, I was wondering if you're able to figure out or resolve the issue of adding a row into table in excel.

Thanks.

Alex H.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors