Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can't see all my datasets in my premium workspace when inserting a pivot table using From PowerBI

I have the latest version of analyse in excel installed.  I have build permissions on all datasets in the workspace.  I can use "analyse in excel" from the power platform to create a spreadsheet that accesses that dataset.  However, if I just open a new spreadsheet and try to insert a pivottable and use the From PowerBI option, only 2 datasets appear in the Power BI Datasets menu on the right side of the spreadsheet.  There should be at least 30 of them.

I've checked my file->options-> trust center and they are all set according to documentation.

why can I see just 2 of the datasets and not all of them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

removing my email and permissions from the permission list for each dataset allowed all of the datasets to appear (and not just the ones I had specified build permissions).  Of course now I see the objects for the usage reports as well but at least I can see everything.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Added the build permission to some of the rest and it took until the next morning until they appeared.  But they did appear.  This doesn't explain why some of the developers can see all of them and I can't.  Is there a tenant or user setting I should be using instead to give build permission to any datasource in that premium workspace?

bsheffer
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

removing my email and permissions from the permission list for each dataset allowed all of the datasets to appear (and not just the ones I had specified build permissions).  Of course now I see the objects for the usage reports as well but at least I can see everything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors