Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GabrielStJohn
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Power BI Community Super User Program Optimization

Hey, Power BI Fans!

My name is Gabriel and I am the new Power Platform Community Super User program manager! In my efforts to better align these three existing Super User programs, (Power Apps, Power Automate, & Power BI) I have optimized the points and tiered ranking system for the Power BI community Super User program!

What does this mean? There are currently over 70 Power BI Community Super Users (Datanauts). To learn what that is click here! In April 2020, they all were placed into 10 Super User ranks to better recognize their individual levels of contribution. Some Datanauts contribute to the community at an excessively higher rate than the rest, and we feel that additional effort is worth additional recognition. After 6 months of these tiers' implementation, I was brought on as the Super User program manager. In an effort to give the Super Users more deciding power in how their program is set up and run, I asked them what they thought of the existing tiers system. Several said it was confusing and that the additional recognition was almost lost in the expansion of the Super User rank into ten separate ranks.

After some careful consideration and planning, I came up with a new ranking system that will place the 70+ Datanauts into four separate ranks. The points threshold for each rank has been adjusted but more importantly, the points system that rewards community behavior has also been adjusted to reflect heavy importance on the most valued community contributions; Authoring Solutions & Receiving Kudos.

The Super Users from all three communities have agreed to this rank & points system optimization, and I feel it will do a much better job at making it easier for users to see how much each Super User has contributed. Having too many Super User ranks with not enough Super Users in each rank makes it harder for regular community users to see the different levels of contribution. There should be a trend in the number of Super Users in each tier that reflects the difficulty of achieving that rank and I feel this rank optimization will solve that issue. To learn more about the Power Platform Super User programs, click here!

Cheers!

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.