Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KellyK
Community Admin
Community Admin

6 Things I love about Power BI

Tell us! What are the top 6 things you love about Power BI ?  These are mine... but there are SO many more 🙂 

1. The Power BI Community, all of the people who engage and help people, Super Users, MVP's, the Product Team, etc.

2. Power BI User Groups

3. Power BI Charticulator

4. Power BI Goals

5. Power BI MIP labels follow  

6. Power BI Data Stories and the amazing things people create 

So... name 6 things.... we're listening

2 REPLIES 2
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

1. The functionality of Power Query and how easy it is to take what is done in Power Query from any app and use it in another.
  2. Ability to use custom connectors and custom visuals.
  3. The incorporation of so many external tools that can help enhance the Power BI Experience. Not to mention, so many internal Microsoft tools that are now incorporated.
  4. Monthly updates to Desktop because there's always room for enhancements.
  5. Dataflows because the voodoo under the hood makes non-running queries magically run and allows for a centralized data repository reducing data silos while making refreshes much faster.
  6. Of course the community! There are so many people out there looking to make this envrioment the best one and there is always someone available to help. 

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

LucreciaKrause
Regular Visitor

@KellyK  My top 6 things I like about Power BI

1 - I love how accessible Power BI is and the strong community (from free download & free trials for new users, free training, community meetups, users groups, webinars, free exam vouchers, conferences etc.)
2- Love the variety of visuals to tell the story - my favorite data mining in Powerbase
3- Like the power query that is the same in excel and Powerbase
4- Like that can interact with Azure AI to enhance data, like cognitive services.
5- Lot of data connectors choices.
6- And how the tool is evolving by listening to users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.