Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RoadeoAnalytics
Advocate I
Advocate I

Share Report in Mobile App with External Users

Hi,

Can someone please help on how an external user can open a report in a mobile App? When an external user tries to log into the mobile app with an external email id it says: We don't recognize this domain name: yahoo.com.

This same login works when logging in from a browser.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @RoadeoAnalytics ,

The mobile app let you view externally shared content. You can access that from your home page and from a dedicated page. You can learn more about it here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-apps-b2b .

But, the app requires that the user will be signed-in to Power BI with their account and that this account be connected to a home tenant before the user can open a B2B item. Unfortunately only organizational accounts are connected to a tenant. Yahoo like accounts do not.

Hope that helps, 

Maya 

janesbenth1

Personal accounts are not supported, only institutional or educational ones. Outside of the organization, you can share and read reports, but only if the user you're sharing with is also part of your organization.

heardle

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @RoadeoAnalytics ,

The does not support private accounts only work or school accounts. You can share and view reports beyind organization boundary, but only if the shared user also belongs to organization (@yahoo.com indicates that this is not organizational account). 

Thanks, Maya 

@mshenhav I gave access to my report to external users with yahoo and other non business or organizational domains through admin portal and they are able to log in through a browser and use the report with no issues. 

Are you saying they can log in to view the report through the browser but not the mobile app?

Can we assume that these 'external' users are listed as guests in your Azure AD tenant (B2B Guests)?

My account is listed as a guest in several of our clients' tenants and I can access their Power BI stuff, but from the web I have to click on "From external Orgs" to be taken 'outside' my native tenant. I don't think that capability exists in Mobile.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors