Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Learner22
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with the connection to Report Server and Power BI Service

Dear Community,

We have a local report server and we can connect to this server via browser or IOS Power BI App. However, we cannot connect via Android App. We get an error message that the user name or password is incorrect. We get the same error message when tring to connect to Power BI service.

Does anyone has an idea how I can fix this problem?

Many thanks and best regards

13 REPLIES 13
Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It sounds like there may be an issue with the credentials being used to connect via the Android app. Have you tried double checking that the correct username and password are being used? It's also possible that there may be an issue with the Android app itself. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issue? Additionally, you may want to check if the Android device is using the same network connection as the other devices that are able to connect successfully. If none of these solutions work, it may be worth reaching out to the support team for the Android app or your local report server for further assistance.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Learner22 ,

Did you enter the correct server address and display name?

vstephenmsft_0-1671174151215.png

And you need to have access to Report Server's home folder.

To be able to connect to Report Server from your mobile app, you must have access to Report Server’s home folder. Contact the Report Server administrator if you don’t have such access.

View on-premises reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Any news on this subject?

It seems all of our Power BI app users are using Apple device and there is no issue.  When a new user who is using Android, he said he could not connect to the same Power BI report server.

Is there anything we need to do differently when using Android?

Thanks,

Andy

Hey @Andy__ ,

The setup should be the same. Can you please share more details on the error this new user is facing?

Thanks, Maya

Hi @v-stephen-msft,

Yes, I enter the correct server adress and display name. As I said, I can connect via web browser or IOS. The connection only fails with Android.

Hey @Learner22 ,

Can you please try and connect to the Report Server and Power BI service using Chrome browser on the the same Android device? it will help isolate the issue (device issue or app issue).

Thanks, Maya

Hi, I am experiencing same challenge 🙂

How to resolve?

Hey @JosephWyatt1738 ,

Can you be more specific, please?

The issue reported here was related to a wrong proxy/firewall configuration. 

Thanks, Maya

Unfortunately, I still get the same error message the user name or password is incorrect.

After updating the Power BI app, however, the connection works with the Power BI service.

Hey @Learner22 ,

Can you verify that the report server URL you are using ends with "/reports"?

(Https://reportserver/reports)

Thanks, Maya

Hey Maya,

many thansk for your reply. Yes, I can verify this.

Hey @mshenhav ,

thank you very much for your reply. I can connect to the Report Server and Power BI Service using Chrome browser.

I use the  same login details for the registration. Unfortunately, I have no explanation why there is a problem with the Power BI App.

Hey @Learner22 ,

Can you please contact us using our Power BI Mobile Support mail <mpbisup@microsoft.com> for additional investigation?

Please include in your mail 

1) description of the probelm

2) device model you are using

3) OS 

4) App version

5) any error message you are getting (best if you can share screen capture of the error)

6) report server address you are using

Thanks Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors