Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

datauduong

PowerBI Matrix View - Can't Swipe Up/Down to Scroll?

There is a problem with Matrix View in Windows Store and iOS App. I can't Swipe to Scroll, I need to find the Scroll bar and scroll from there.

I am

on Windows 10, with Store App

on iPad 3, with IOS App

Is this a known issue ?

I don't see any one reporting this problem.

This has been happen for a while now, not just a recent update.

Regards Dat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dana
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting about the issue.

A fix for the reported issue will soon be delivered to all the apps.

We will update this thread once it's available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you,

Dana.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Dana
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting about the issue.

A fix for the reported issue will soon be delivered to all the apps.

We will update this thread once it's available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you,

Dana.

This fix would be a BIG help!  Thanks!

The latest iOS update has not improved matrix navigation on the iPad. No natural gestures or swipes - still forced to use the navigation bars which are too small. Hope this is fixed for iPad reports.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Okay the new update added scroll bars so you can scroll up and down and left or right which is great!

BUT now there's another issue => if you have several Fields for the ROWs

Filed 1 | Field 2 | and then the columns and values

those 2 fields are frozen meaning when you scroll to the left they stay on the screen and you only scroll the columns area

this is fine but there's no landscape mode on the iPhone and you only actually see Field 1 | Field 2 | and only 1 column

For Example:

Jan | Feb | Mar | etc......

Year | Companies |

2015   Company 1       $10  | $10 | $10 | etc....

Company 2       $10  | $10 | $10 | etc...

Year and Companies fields are frozen so you only get to scroll the Months (which is fine)

but because there's no landscape mode you see only 1 month at a time!

I think they need to do 2 things with the Matrix:

1)  Matrix needs to be in Compact Form

The Matrix is currently as the original Pivot Tables used to be in Tabular Form.

If you take the example from above and convert to Compact Form it would be like this:

2015                        Jan  | Feb | Mar | etc...

+ Company 1       $10  | $10 | $10 | etc....

+ Company 2

2) Expand/Collapse buttons

If anyone likes this idea - I have already created a suggestion - Please Vote at:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/9207006-matrix-collapse-expand-button...

Thanks!!!

Agree with the above. 

Now I've got mine back to one fixed descriptive column, I can see that the natural gestures for swiping/moving around the matrix visualisation do indeed work in addition to the scroll bars for dashboard TILES only. If you open the underlying report with the matrix on an ipad, only the scroll bars work and not the natural gestures. These are frustrating to use when small. Anybody else seeing the same? 

Hi All,

The fix uploaded should enable the natural gestures and scroll bar on the tiles.

We are working on enabling the same functionality on the reports. Once available, we will

update this thread.

Thank you,

Dana.

Hi Dana,

Any news on the progress on this? the functionality is much needed!

PeterG
Regular Visitor

It is puzzling how something so native to iPad still is not working on power bi app. Matrix reports longer than a page are a real Ian to navigate. There got to b e a way to fix this. Ironically , I have slicer next to my matrix report and the slicer scrolls just fine using touch swipe , the report does not!

This issue has been logged now for over 5 months! Please fix this - touch scrolling on tables and matrix reports still does not work on iOS iPad. 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes I also can't scroll down and don't see a scroll bar in the Matrix Visualization on the iOS iPhone App.

I've been looking for more improvements to the PBI Desktop and that's why I had not said anything about the App.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just installed the Windows APP and confirmed that I can't scroll in the Matrix in that app too - just like in the iOS APP.

However when you think about on both of those apps we are just looking at the tiles in a dashboard and even when clicking on a tile we are not actually accessing the reports as would happen on PBI online but just looking at a larger tile!

Therefore I would be creating an additional dashboard specifically for the iPhone APP where the information you want to see must fit in the tiles!

Count yourselves lucky, on the Android App, you can't swipe to scroll and there is no scroll bar on the matrix visualization...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors