Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ann33
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI App for Windows

Hi All,

I have a requirement to show Power BI report pages in slide show in big screens.This slide show feature is available in Power BI App for windows.Those reports are live reports and on an initial test the report viewed in Windows App is showing the live data.

So this perfectly matches my requirement.

I just wanted to check Can we go ahead and use this app.Is there any existing limitations in this App.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @ann33 ,

There is no limitation with using the app. It does not require any special license. As long as the logged in user has access to the reports you wish to present the app can present them in slideshow.

Thanks, Maya

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yeah, the Power BI Windows 10 app is functional and fine to use. However, I've often found it quite limited in what it's able to do, so I've built a custom external app to do it better, it's called Displagent.

You can build much, much more detailed and advanced slideshows in Displagent vs. the Windows 10 app, especially when it comes to report pages and report bookmarks. And it has all the necessities like autolaunch, fullscreen mode, refresh interval, slide ordering, slide durations, and so on. Power BI reports and dashboards are both supported, and you can combine multiple reports and/or dashboards together and make "compound slideshows" - highly requested feature.

If the Windows 10 app suits your needs, no problem, but if you're looking for something more advanced, check out the site!

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @ann33 ,

There is no limitation with using the app. It does not require any special license. As long as the logged in user has access to the reports you wish to present the app can present them in slideshow.

Thanks, Maya

ShirinArshadnia
Helper II
Helper II

Actually Power BI desktop is also a kind of Illustration tool too,you can use it without any limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors