Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blairblair
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Reports not loading in Mobile App (Power BI Report Server) (Custom Authentication)

Hello - Our organization runs Power BI Report Server using the Custom Authentication access method which was authored by Microsoft and posted in their GitHub (https://github.com/microsoft/Reporting-Services/tree/master/CustomSecuritySample). 

I'd like to be able to use the Power BI App and I am able to successfully connect to our Report Server as well as find all of the reports I have loaded.  If I load a brand new report to the server it is instantly visible it in the app, so I know the connection is ok. 

The problem is that if I click a report it just goes to a loading screen with a circle endlessly spinning in the middle and a blue loading bar stuck at about 75% at the top.

This occurs on multiple devices, with multiple reports, with multiple accounts.  

Is there another required step I need to take before Mobile reports work on our Report Server implementation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blairblair ,

To my knowledge,Power mobile app only supports one additional authorization 'OAuth' mode and it required ADFS configurations.

And I have found a similar thread about—— Is there a way to implement Custom Authentication in Reporting Services in order to use mobile apps with SSRS?  This scenario is currently not supported. I advise to file a new idea here:https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

According to the official document, You can use OAuth to connect to Power BI Report Server and Reporting Services to display mobile reports or KPIs.Viewing Power BI Reports hosted in Power BI Report Server using WAP to authenticate is now supported for iOS and Android apps.

Certificate based authentication is supported in Power BI iOS and Android apps for Power BI capabilities. This is published in AAD documentation:

You can enable form authentication on ADFS server. See a similar thread :Windows PowerBi App Error Logging in with ADFS

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blairblair ,

To my knowledge,Power mobile app only supports one additional authorization 'OAuth' mode and it required ADFS configurations.

And I have found a similar thread about—— Is there a way to implement Custom Authentication in Reporting Services in order to use mobile apps with SSRS?  This scenario is currently not supported. I advise to file a new idea here:https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

According to the official document, You can use OAuth to connect to Power BI Report Server and Reporting Services to display mobile reports or KPIs.Viewing Power BI Reports hosted in Power BI Report Server using WAP to authenticate is now supported for iOS and Android apps.

Certificate based authentication is supported in Power BI iOS and Android apps for Power BI capabilities. This is published in AAD documentation:

You can enable form authentication on ADFS server. See a similar thread :Windows PowerBi App Error Logging in with ADFS

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors